So I can't praise my author's enough...we found this article in the Mountain View News:
1. It’s the story of a couple’s journey to find lasting love, and the dog who shows them the way.
2. The central message is unconditional love. The message is clear. We all place conditions on others whom we love. It is up to us to remove those conditions and love unconditionally. If we do, the world will be a better place.
3. The book is narrated by Luke, the Dog.
4. Just like faith, one must suspend disbelief in order to believe… in a dog who can have the thoughts of a human being.
5. The man and woman in the story are flawed.
6. The dog pretty much stands for GOD spelled backwards, but this is not a book about religion.
7. We can only find our way when we are open to facing our past and then leaving it behind us.
8. The book is not about blindness or cancer. Luke’s blindness and Sara’s cancer are only present to test the conditions that Ashlundt places on them as barriers to love.
9. Carol McKibben has had many spotlight's in magazines about her book, Luke's Tale. Including Authors Tour and Mountain News.
10. Life tests all of us. It’s not so much how we handle it but what we learn from it.
11. Many people find it a sad story, perhaps because it hits very close to home. It is meant to show people the way to lasting relationships.
12. Luke's Tale has received 40 five star reviews out of 48.
13. Carol works with a local rescue and has fostered a few dozen dogs and has found good homes for all but one.
14 Luke was a real life dog Carol owned and much of what happened to him is portrayed in the book.
15. Luke had 8 other brothers and 1 sister.
16. Carol was awarded one of the Top 12 Spirited Woman's book award of 2013.
17. Luke's Tale was Carol's first published fiction book.
18. Luke was a real life therapy dog and was one of twelve therapy dogs admitted to critical hospital patients for both children and adults.
Leave a Reply.
My efforts are to make this a learning blog where writers can see the flip side of publishing. If you have comments that will improve your experience or have a certain topic you'd like discussed, please contact me through email - HERE.
~ Sincerley, Your Editor
Troll River Publications
Books on Kindle