Yes, the all-seeing eye sees you!
Have you asked this question ~ What's a good markeing tool?
I've been seeing questions asked such as this since the beginning of the Self-Publishing Revolution!
So I see these questions:
1. Are book giveaway's good marketing tool?
2. Is KDP Select still a good marketing tool?
3. Do book blog Tours sell books?
These are questions the traditional publishers want you to ask! They're suck ass questions! Meant to confuse you. Maybe instead of asking if they are a good marketing tools ask...
Is this an effective marketing approach for my goals?
1. Are book giveaway's a good marketing tool? I've seen it do a lot of good for one author and yet not so much for another. Depends on how you promote it. Are you doing an ARC? Are you on Goodreads? Do you have ads up? I've noticed that book giveaway's during a promotion CAN be good when done right. What's right? Making sure that you get an email for each entry of the give away. Seriously, that's the whole reason for a giveaway.
2. Is KDP Select still a good marketing tool? For brand spanking new authors, Yes AND when done right. Spur of the moment throwing your free days up~not so much. Planning, going to Author Marketing Club and filling out the forms~worth it!
3. Do book blog Tours sell books? When combined with free days, giveaways or actively directing people to the tour, Yes. But again. You need to do it right. Plan the event. Like months before.
Take a care.
Have a thought.
Study your own book buying habits. Study your friends book buy habits.
But the best marketing tool I've ever seen on the planet is word-of-mouth. But that kind of promotion is for another post. :)
Plan a promotion today! (My own authors don't count~they're all set for August - September.)
My efforts are to make this a learning blog where writers can see the flip side of publishing. If you have comments that will improve your experience or have a certain topic you'd like discussed, please contact me through email - HERE.
~ Sincerley, Your Editor
Troll River Publications
Books on Kindle