Shhh! Don't let it get around but...I've been schooled. By one of my very own authors.
You see, I love my kindle but I didn't know you could download .epub files directly to it. It's simple. So simple that I'm embarrassed to admit this to you, but I had no idea of the extent of my Kindle's power.
Now I'm downloading PDF files, word docs and yes, .mobi files. I can purchase a title from another publisher with full confidence that I can get it to my kindle. The even more wonderful thing is, no one can download anything to my kindle without my approval. I attach a document to my kindle email. Want to learn how?
1. Hoover (or click) on Your Account (where it says in the upper right hand corner "Hi, (your name)"
2. Choose Manage Your Kindle. If you hoover--you'll see it in the box half-way down. If you clicked it's under Digital Management.
NOW, if this is your first time here ever, then you need to approve the email you will be sending attachments to. So if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then you will need to approve that email on Amazon. It's easy!
3. Click on Personal Document Settings on the left hand side of your screen.
4. Click Add a new email address at the bottom. Add the address and now you can email attachments!
5. Make note of your E-mail Address in Amazon which is on the same page you just added an email to--pretty much in the middle of the screen. That's the email you will be sending your .epub, word docs and such to.
It couldn't be easier! But if you don't know something's there...how are you suppose to know! Sheesh, I'm just the publisher.
My efforts are to make this a learning blog where writers can see the flip side of publishing. If you have comments that will improve your experience or have a certain topic you'd like discussed, please contact me through email - HERE.
~ Sincerley, Your Editor
Troll River Publications
Books on Kindle